StarkFresh Garlic Planting Workshop and Planting Party
October 24 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$5
StarkFresh Garlic Planting Workshop and Planting Party.
October 24th, 2020
10am-4pm Planting Party
$5 admission includes a bag of garlic and a bucket of compost to take home with you (bring your own 5 gallon bucket to bring home compost in, none will be provided)
At the workshop you will learn:
• How to prep garlic for fall planting
• Proper planting techniques for a successful spring Garlic crop
• How to plant garlic
• When to harvest garlic
• How to easily peel garlic
• How to clean, cure and store garlic
Stay afterward for the Planting Party and put those workshop skills to good use by helping StarkFresh plant our fall garlic crop.
• There will be additional garlic available to purchase
• There will be some garlic-infused food for you to purchase
• Try your chance at winning a garlic-themed raffle basket
• Tour the StarkFresh Cooperative Farm and meet some of the farmers
• Help us clean out the fields and compost the plants
• plant garlic!
• All farm visitors will be required to sign a liability waiver
• There is a restroom (portajohn) onsite
• Please dress warm as we will be outside for this event
• Snacks & Refreshments will be available for purchase
PLEASE NOTE: a phone or car GPS does not take you to the right location.
Farm entrance is directly east of Crenshaw Middle School at 2525 19th St NE.
There is a driveway on the hillside directly across the street from Grace Ave NE that you will enter the farm site from.
Drive on through the green fencing to enter the farm.