- This event has passed.
Stark County Food Council Meeting: Time to Re-Engage!
November 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 pm
The next general meeting has been set for November 21st from 9am- 10:30am
THIS IS A MEETING YOU SHOULD ATTEND!
After slowing things down over the past six months to work on the council leadership and structure, we are now going back to full engagement work mode!
At the meeting we will be:
• Introducing the leadership team.
• Identifying which sector “list” we would like to use.
• Self-identifying what sector of the food system you most align with.
• Get going in workgroups where each group will decide:
– What exactly does each group represent?
– Rate ideas of work needing to be done and figure out which is the most pressing so work can be started on it.
– Share with the council so short-term and long-term council goals will align with workgroup goals.
• Get first looks at new logo and branding designs for the council
There are two food system “sectors” lists.
The first has 6:
• Waste Recovery
The second has 5:
• Production (growing and harvesting)
• Policy and Planning (research and best practices)
• Marketplace (distribution and retail)
• Eating (consumption and education)
• Waste Recovery (food recovery and composting)
We will be meeting at the Food Justice Campus in downtown Canton’s Warehouse District for our next meeting.
The Food Justice Campus houses the Stark County Food Council’s office space but we will be meeting in the attached Community Room within the Campus.
The Food Justice Campus is located at 321 Cherry Ave NE. There is on-street parking on 4th St NE and the entrance to the Community Room is through the gated courtyard to door #3, which is clearly marked. There will be signs.
COME AND RE-ENGAGE!